Dictionary.com defines overkill as "an excess of what is required or suitable, as because of zeal or misjudgment." We prefer a more visual definition, though.
To that end, overkill is...
1. Threatening to kill anyone who hits a dog YOU let run into the street.
(Photo by Sammo371).
2. Having eight doorbells when it appears no one's visiting anyway.
(Photo by dM.nyc).
3. Using a paint brush when a pencil would do.
(Photo by Destinelee).
4. Going beyond what even a lawyer would recommend.
(Photo by Brutal).
5. Using as Christmas decorations Mr. Potato Head, the M&M characters and Bart Simpson.
(Photo by Supercapacity).
6. Tricking out your...Oldsmobile?
(Photo by *Txdaisy*).
7. Buying a vehicle that costs more to drive than build.
(Photo by Somerslea).
8. Building a 62 feet high Jesus Christ sculpture anywhere, let alone in Monroe, Ohio.
(Photo by Greg Smith).
9. Adorning your car with more Hello Kitty bric-a-brac than a cheap trinket store in Shibuya, Japan.
(Photo by Vee8).
10. Erecting a sign more obnoxious than the loud mouths precipitating its construction.
(Photo by Vidalia).