1. That Hell is just beneath you, less than twenty miles away.
(Photo by Martin Sharman).
According to Pastor James Melton "the sphere of Hell is a round, hollowed-out place in the Earth's core...Scientists say that the Earth's outer crust is less than twenty miles thick, and that beyond that point, there [is] ... a lake of fire. [At] this very moment your eternal soul may be less than twenty miles from the burning fires of Hell!"
Pastor Melton's not alone. According to Dial-the-Truth Ministries, hell is unquestionably inside of the Earth. "The great pit [of] hell would only need to be about 100 miles or less in diameter to contain, with much room to spare, all the forty billion or so people who have ever lived, assuming their spiritual bodies are the same size as their physical bodies."
2. That the earth is stationary; the universe in fact orbits the Earth.
(Photo by NASA).
According to the Fair Education Foundation, the universe, "the stars, every 23 hours and 56 minutes...go around a stationary Earth."
The Association for Biblical Astronomy believes similarly.
3. That if you speed, you're going to hell.
(Photo by Raysto).
This, according to the End-Time Deliverance Ministry, which states:
"Is speeding a sin? Yes, and sin cannot get into Heaven." Not surprisingly, they aren't the only ones with such beliefs.
5. That "homosexuals reproduce sexually by molesting children."
(Photo by Yann Caradec).
6. That dinosaurs did not live millions of years ago but rather "date from around 6,000 years ago—the approximate date of creation obtained by adding up the years in the Bible."
(Photo by Bret Arnett).
And of course the corollary is that the earth, rather than being billions of years old, "has an age measured in only thousands of years, just as the Bible teaches."
7. That gays, the ACLU, abortionists and feminists are to blame for the September 11th terrorist attacks.
(Photo by Hiro).
Thank you, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.