Shakespeare wrote: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet." Whether you agree depends on many factors. For example:
1. Meet Virginia ob-gyn Dr. Harry Beaver.
2. God help former Detroit Tiger Rusty Kuntz.
3. Vote for Michael 'put an X in the box' Cox!
(Photo by Damgaard).
4. Elect 'a man of faith' for Congress. Elect John Manlove?
5. Hopefully former Texas Governor James Stephen Hogg's daughter Ima, Ms. Ima Hogg, had a sense of humor.
(Photo by Kent Wang).
6. Unfortunately, Robin, you can't really blame your parents.
(Photo by Nick).
7. Apparently Shanda Lear, daughter of Lear Jet founder Bill Lear, had a grandfather who thought (check out the PS) "everyone would laugh when they realized that [the] name, Shanda Lear, sounded like the light-fixture...ah...one swings from." Nice.
8. Proving that a funny name is just that, just a name, Sheriff Gay proved Shakespeare correct: he won.
(Photo by Phillip Merritt).
9. Urologist Dr. Dick Chopp is "well known in the Austin community for performing Vasectomies." Ouch.
10. A vote for Balls and Cox is a vote for [insert here].
(Photo by X Senpai).
11. A difficult choice for voters for Mayor of the Village of Winthrop Harbor: Gene Swindle or Joe Leech.
(Photo by Mikasi).